Here’s My Top Ten List – My Top 10 Christians After The New Testament
1) Francis of Assisi (Italian Catholic who fell in love with Jesus and followed Him with abandon — I think in the 12th century).
2) George Fox (founder of the Quakers — The Society of Friends. Learned to hear God’s voice and wrote a Journal about His personal experiences with Jesus — I think in the 17th century).
3) Mother Teresa (Albanian born woman who ministered to the “poorest of the poor” on the streets of Calcutta, India in the 20th century).
4) William and Catherine Booth (founders of The Salvation Army. Boldly witnessed to prostitutes and alcoholics in East London in the 19th century).
5) William Seymour (led the Azusa Street Revival in Los Angeles from 1906-1911 that began the modern Pentecostal movement).
6) Meno Simons (founder of the Mennonites — major leader in the Anabaptist movement).
7) John Wesley (founder of the Methodists — a very powerful evangelist).
8) Charles H. Mason (founder of the Church of God in Christ, America’s second largest African American denomination).
9) Anthony the Great (began the monastic movement in both the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches by moving into the Egyptian desert in the Fourth Century).
10) Watchman Nee (set up house churches and organic churches across China in the early 20th century. His teachings were published and sold widely in the USA. He died in a communist prison).