Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The College That Changed My Life
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- The Grimke Sisters -- My 6th Greatest American(s)
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- Religion Is Ritual -- Faith Is Fire (How John Wesley Caught On Fire For God))
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 20 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Monthly Archives: June 2012
To fall short of the glory of God is to sin. (“All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” –Paul of Tarsus) Here’s another quote from Paul of Tarsus: “The wages of sin is death . . … Continue reading
I am not what others say I am. I am not what I feel like I am. I am not what I believe I am. I am not what I accomplish or fail to accomplish. I am not what I … Continue reading
If the symbols that you are now seeing on your computer screen couldn’t have happened over billions of years by a self-produced process of time and chance, but were instead, intentionally designed and built and posted by intelligent beings; how … Continue reading
When God talks And you don’t listen, Does that mean that God’s not talking to you?
Breaking heart, what can heal you? Restore your joy, your peace? Not denial or drink or drugs, Not antidepressants or anger Or angst activity. They merely mask the misery. Only one has a proven record Of consistently healing the brokenhearted … Continue reading
Beach parties are fun. Why do people love them so much? Perhaps there are things the church can learn from a beach party . . .
Current events: actions or words prompted by the flow of the Holy Spirit within you. Don’t resist and/or quench the Spirit’s current, but go with His flow. Like electricity the Spirit of God flows through conductors. Is the living current … Continue reading
Summer time is finally here. Today is officially the first day of summer, 2012 . . . “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” ~Anton Chekhov (Are you happy?) “I finally learned that within me there … Continue reading
Today Steve Ballmer, Microsoft’s CEO, introduced “Surface” their new tablet computer. But why settle for “Surface” when there’s a tablet computer deep in your own heart. It comes as standard equipment with human beings. The Bible teaches that the Spirit … Continue reading