Will 2013 be a new year for you or the same ole same ole of years gone by? Does this new year mark the mere movement of time; or the development of character, the growth of love, and the flowering of faith?
Resolutions seldom seem to break the pattern of the same ole same ole. Here’s a Beatles flashback: the lyrics from Revolution say: “You say you want a revolution, well, you know . . . “ With Christ “you got a real solution.” You tell me it’s the institution, well, you know, you better free your mind instead.”
Jesus Christ can give you a new year, a new mind, and a new life. (“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”) But how?
1) Ask God to show you your sins and make you deeply sorry for them.
2) Persistently cry out for His forgiveness until you are made clean.
3) Turn away from your sins. Openly confess them. Renounce them.
4) Turn to God with all your heart, soul, mind, and spirit. Give your all to relentless pursuit of the living, resurrected Jesus Christ. Follow and obey Him with all your might.
5) Connect and build open, honest relationships with godly people who are passionately following and obeying Jesus.
6) Begin to read the New Testament at least 5 minutes every day.