Prayer walking with The Salvation Army Flag does many things:
1) It increases the amount of intercessory prayer for your neighborhood;
2) It helps you to understand the needs in your neighborhood;
3) It increases your love for the people in your neighborhood;
4) It unites corps members who participate together into a team:
5) It builds spiritual fellowship;
6) It increases your corps’ visibility in the neighborhood;
7) It gives you an easy way to witness to people when they ask about the flag;
8) It’s excellent physical exercise;
9) It helps to overcome the fear of man;
10) It gives the Holy Spirit new opportunities to work through you;
11) It makes people curious and draws some people to your and your corps (church);
12) It sets a worthwhile example for other people and corps and churches to follow in your steps;
13) It is a way to claim the promise made to Joshua that God will give you the territory wherever you walk;
14) It is a powerful weapon that brings victory through spiritual warfare.
15) It will build your faith as you see God working right in front of you.
16) It will give you powerful testimonies to take back to your corps.
17) It will give you an experience of what it was like in the early, “glory days,” of The Salvation Army.”