Top Posts & Pages
- Baptist Pastor Promotes Participatory Church
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- A believer needs to be a leaver -- leaving sin and self-focus behind.
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- What's streaming in your heart? Raw desire? Or Spiritual Fire?
- Are Demons (Invisible Evil Entities) Real?
- Benjamin Franklin & Sermon Free Church
- Priesthood of the Believer Church (Church Meetings Without A Dominating Leader)
- WDJSM? What Did Jesus Say Most?
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The Top Ten Boldest Quotations From The Book Of Acts
- Is church an hour's perch on a pew or an interactive search for more of God? Check out what the New Testament says about church meetings in I Corinthians 14:26.
- Baptist Pastor Promotes Participatory Church nblo.gs/LzQWm 10 hours ago
- Baptist Pastor Promotes Participatory Church wp.me/p1jx0f-PL 10 hours ago
Tags37207 amazing Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christianity Christians church experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit Jesus Jesus Christ life living love mind Nashville New Testament organic church people power prayer quotations quote read reading religion revival society spiritual Sunday Sundays Tennessee The Salvation Army think words world
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: church
Can churches meet without one person dominating the meeting? History says they can! When the Protestant Reformation broke with the Roman Catholic Church, one of the doctrines they embraced become known as “the priesthood of the believer.” The Reformers acknowledged … Continue reading
Quotations from Pope Francis of the Catholic Church and General Linda Bond of The Salvation Army: First General Bond: “A Spirit-filled Army tells the gospel story faithfully and trustingly, believing that there is power in the name of Jesus, power … Continue reading
Sermon-free church will irrigate your dry soul, flooding your heart with the power and presence of the living, resurrected Jesus Christ as everyday people, led by the Spirit, show and tell what God has done.
The Methodists used to practice sermon-free church. Sermon-Free church broke out across American in the late 1850s. The Quakers practiced sermon-free church. A prayer for sermon-free church from the late 1800s is being answered in Nashville.
The early Methodists practiced a type of sermon-free church known as class meetings. These were weekly, participatory meetings where every person present was given the opportunity to talk about their life with God. The first Methodist class meeting was started … Continue reading
I was recently reading a book by a Catholic priest, Father David Knight, and to my surprise he make a bold statement endorsing Spirit-led, participatory church like we do at The Salvation Army Berry Street in Nashville, Tennessee. Here’s the … Continue reading
When ordinary people participate in a church service and show and tell (as led by the Spirit) what God has done in their lives, things happen: 1) The atmosphere is charged with excitement and anticipation; 2) There is a sense of awe … Continue reading
People sometimes ask: “Where’s Waldo?” and search for him in the popular book series. But we often neglect to ask: “Where’s Jesus?” and to search for Him will all our body, soul, mind and strength. Tomb empty, Body gone . . . … Continue reading