Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- My #9 Greatest American -- William Monroe Trotter
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- How To Avoid Being A Spiritual Wimp (Top 10 Ways To Grow Strong In The Lord)
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 1 hour ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: conversion
Will 2013 be a new year for you or the same ole same ole of years gone by? Does this new year mark the mere movement of time; or the development of character, the growth of love, and the … Continue reading
Religion is routine ritual, faith is flaming fire. “I set myself on fire, and people come to see me burn.” –John Wesley The fire that burned in John Wesley sparked the Holiness Movement that changed nations and led to many … Continue reading
When you know that Jesus is real There’s a never-ending thrill, No matter how you feel. You can’t stand still Or follow the seductive appeal Of popular culture’s deal, Because your heart is full of passion and zeal To hear … Continue reading
For most of American history, when people used the word “God” it was assumed that they meant the God of the Old and New Testaments. However, nowadays, in our post-Christian society the name “God” doesn’t mean the same thing to … Continue reading
“Love yourself–accept yourself–forgive yourself–and be good to yourself.” –a quote from popular American speaker and writer, Leo Buscaglia. However, Jesus said: “Deny yourself.” Here’s why the popular idea of “forgiving yourself” is a myth: * You are not the judge. … Continue reading
Peter (who once was Jesus’ most impulsive disciple, but overcame it to become one of the most solid apostles) wrote that believers have “escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.” Have you? Or have you bought the … Continue reading
Spirit-led, sermon-free church meetings spread across America in 1857-1858. Jeremiah Lanphier started a prayer meeting on September 23, 1857 in New York City. Six men showed up. In the next few months 10,000 people began meeting daily for prayer in … Continue reading