Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- The Holiday Season -- Celebrating the glorious value of an inconvenient, out of marriage, unplanned pregnancy!
- Fresh/New/Original Christmas/Holiday Greetings
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The College That Changed My Life
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- The Holiday Season — Celebrating the glorious value of an inconvenient, out of marriage, unplanned pr... nblo.gs/RY4nK 1 hour ago
- The Holiday Season -- Celebrating the glorious value of an inconvenient, out of marriage, unplanned pregnancy! wp.me/p1jx0f-WG 1 hour ago
- The Holiday Season — Celebrating the glorious value of an inconvenient, out of marriage, unplanned pregnancy!
- Fresh/New/Original Christmas/Holiday Greetings
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: fire of the Holy Spirit
0% contained? *The goal for a wildfire is that it be 100% contained — full containment. *God’s goal for His fire is that it be 0% contained — complete uncontainment. (To quote Paul of Tarsus, “Quench not the Spirit.”) … Continue reading
Faith is God’s fire roaring in your heart; not religious ideas resting in the back of your brain. The normal condition of a Christ-follower is to have a heart constantly ablaze with love for God. When normal believers, full of … Continue reading
Early leader of the Church of the Nazarene, P.F. Bresee, proclaimed participatory church: “‘Pump handle’ religion has to give place to the ever-ready springing up and sending forth of testimony and praise. How often the ‘pump handle’ has to be … Continue reading
The human heart is a fireplace. It can burn clean and pure with the love of God. Or smoke and choke on selfish desires.
The human heart is a fireplace. It can burn clean and pure with the love of God. Or smoke and choke on selfish desires putting a damper on all of life. A deployed damper is deeply damaging. Perhaps we need … Continue reading
The World’s Greatest Valentine is regularly carried in East Nashville, Tennessee (The “Blood & Fire” Salvation Army Flag) — the red stands for the blood of Jesus; the yellow star represents the fire of the Holy Spirit; and the blue … Continue reading
Church is not about what I want or what you want. Church is about what God wants! His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Church is not a place to sit and be told what … Continue reading