Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The College That Changed My Life
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- The Grimke Sisters -- My 6th Greatest American(s)
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- Religion Is Ritual -- Faith Is Fire (How John Wesley Caught On Fire For God))
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 20 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: hearing God
What can Jesus do today — in the 21st Century? If Jesus is still alive and truly present when believers gather in His name (like the Bible says He is), then He can still . . . * transform lives; … Continue reading
The so-called “objectivity” of the material world is descending into nothingness. However, when you encounter truth in your heart, you bump into inner objectivity that makes facts about the physical world look fickle, fading, and fleeting. God’s speaking within you. You listening?
E pluribus unum is much more than just a Latin motto of the USA meaning “from many one.“ E pluribus unum is what happens when Christ-followers gather according to 1 Corinthians 14:26 and many ordinary people share testimonies, Scriptures, needs, … Continue reading
The early Quakers believed that the living, resurrected Jesus was present with them when they met together in His name and that He, Himself, could lead the meeting without the need for a human leader or a human program. For … Continue reading
Pioneers Wanted To Blaze A Trail Into God’s Spiritual Frontier. . . * Hearing God’s voice and doing what He says; * Permitting believers to minister to one another; * Considering others better than yourself; * Allowing Christ, Himself, to … Continue reading
3 ducks & 2 buzzards . . . –Earlier this morning I was on a walk in the woods and felt a prompting to go down a short, narrow path to a creek. However, I didn’t want to do that, … Continue reading
Hearts can explain God so much more effectively that minds can. If you can’t figure God out, slip down 18 inches and let your heart have a try!
I saw these words on a credit card reader: “When prompted swipe card.” Perhaps a better message would be: “When prompted obey Jesus — quench not the Spirit.“ Americans and other Westerners are subjected to so many prompts: compulsions, commercials, … Continue reading
Study and religion tend to keep Jesus tucked away in the past, as a historical figure. However, we desperately need Him to be living and working in the present, not stuck in the past. The world needs Jesus’ presence, His … Continue reading
Like an NFL Training Camp, church should be hands-on training — not passive lecture. Through rigorous involvement and interaction, church should train believers in the spiritual skills and attitudes necessary to make a powerful, victorious, and godly impact in the … Continue reading