Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The College That Changed My Life
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- My #9 Greatest American -- William Monroe Trotter
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 10 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: message
The Pope resigned and a few hours later lightning struck St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. Moral of the story? When we move beyond religious tradition and obey the prompting of the Spirit in our heart, great power is released!
Jesus taught that spiritual inspiration (revelation) is the harvest of the heart. He said: “Out of your innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38). The purpose of church (of believers gathering together) is to release the inner … Continue reading →
Les Misérables, the new movie musical staring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and Amanda Seyfried, beautifully brings Victor Hugo’s 1862 French novel to life. However, it made me wonder: Is America violent and alienated from God like the main … Continue reading →
Don’t settle for Glee on TV, when you can have worglee in your daily life. Worglee is anticipating and expecting good things to happen to you and to the people you love. It’s the opposite of worry. Although the process … Continue reading →
Here are 12 out-of-the-box thoughts about church on 12/12/12. 1) Church is not God in a noose, but God on the loose! 2) Church is not spectators sitting, but believers battling the forces of darkness! 3) Church is not a … Continue reading →
At The Salvation Army Berry Street last Sunday we passed out paper and pens and had everybody who was willing to write out a question for God and then to listen to God for His answer to their question. Then … Continue reading →
William Shakespeare wrote: “All the world’s a stage,” yet in his day the stage was very limited. The only way to see theatrical entertainment or to hear music was to be in person at a live performance. Nowadays, all the … Continue reading →
My wife and I have been regularly prayer walking with The Salvation Army Flag in the McFerrin Park Neighborhood of East Nashville and along Dickerson Road for 6 years. We’ve had some amazing and exciting experiences. Today she couldn’t come … Continue reading →
I have been a tongue-talker for forty-one years. (Speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit that enables a person to speak in languages he/she doesn’t know. It is a powerful spiritual experience that fills a person with … Continue reading →