Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- My #9 Greatest American -- William Monroe Trotter
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- How To Avoid Being A Spiritual Wimp (Top 10 Ways To Grow Strong In The Lord)
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 2 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: ministry
Every church is full of gifts that God has given — apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers (see Eph. 4:11). There is not just one pastor in a church and none of the other gifts. There are many of these … Continue reading
I love to preach, however a few years ago God told me to stop preaching and instead, to let ordinary believers show and tell what God has done! So I stopped, yet still I greatly miss it. By the time … Continue reading
Did the Protestant Reformation only go 1/2 way? Two of the main Bible doctrines that were brought to light by Protestant Reformers (Martin Luther, John Calvin, Ulrich Zwingli, and others) were: 1) justification by faith (which was enthusiastically embraced); and … Continue reading
Maybe the focal point of church should be the living, resurrected Jesus Christ — not a human personality exalted above everybody else and controlling everything from the front. God is looking for a generation that will hear and obey the … Continue reading
“One filled with joy preaches without preaching.” –Mother Teresa “Had Saul (who became Apostle Paul) met only a preacher and heard only a sermon, he might never have been heard of again. But Saul met Christ and heard His Voice.” … Continue reading
Anglican priest, Robert Wild, describes participatory church: “God can speak to each person through the others and guide the entire assembly toward a common mind, toward consensus.” Baptist pastor, Ed Stetzer describes participatory church: “In all of our research on … Continue reading
Has Christian ministry lost it’s ability to grasp and transform people? It appears so. Churches are in decline. Our culture is almost completely secular, if not anti-Christian. Scholars have pronounced it to be post-Christian. However, although it appears that human … Continue reading
Wow! Earth saw some incredible signs and wonders this week! * The most powerful religious man on earth had the courage to buck 700 years of tradition and obey God’s leading in his own heart, as he resigned as Pope, … Continue reading
Unrehearsed words from God are eloquent. Jesus speaks about unrehearsed words when He tells His disciples; “. . . what you are to say will be given to you in that hour.” (Matthew 10:19 Unplanned, unpracticed words are a normal … Continue reading