Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas Thoughts For The Intellectual: Matter is Mist-ticle -- Reality is Mystical!
- Catherine Booth Quotes On Being Led By The Spirit And His Urgings
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- When Church is a Symphony -- Glory Falls!
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- WDJSM? What Did Jesus Say Most?
- Church interruptus -- letting the Spirit interrupt us and disrupt our program during a church service.
- How To Avoid Being A Spiritual Wimp (Top 10 Ways To Grow Strong In The Lord)
- When we obey God's inner nudges, our heart begins to clear of smudges!
- Catherine Booth Shows That Participatory/Organic Church Is In The Salvation Army DNA
- When we obey God’s inner nudges, our heart begins to clear of smudges! nblo.gs/12cvff 4 hours ago
- When we obey God's inner nudges, our heart begins to clear of smudges! wp.me/p1jx0f-1kt 4 hours ago
- When we obey God’s inner nudges, our heart begins to clear of smudges!
- Christmas Thoughts For The Intellectual: Matter is Mist-ticle — Reality is Mystical!
- Church interruptus — letting the Spirit interrupt us and disrupt our program during a church service.
- When Church is a Symphony — Glory Falls!
- Merry ChristNU? (The real meaning of Christmas.)
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church church history conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival Salvation Army sermons share simple church sin society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: moral failure
Why is there so much evil in the world? Because there is evil in every human heart and unless we regularly listen to our conscience and restrain the evil within our own individual heart, it will spill over into our relationships and into the society around us.
When a culture continually casts God’s commandments into denial river, it causes confusion, conflict, and eventual collapse.
Contemporary society teaches that believing in Biblical morality is hatred, while war is honorable. However, that is backwards. War is hatred. The ultimate hate is physically attacking people, their family, friends, & neighbors, their property; with physical harm and/or death. … Continue reading
Perhaps the “new normal” is nothing but, surrendering to the same old self-focus the Bible says is sin.
If you agree with the Bible that some human behaviors are morally wrong, it doesn’t mean that you “hate” or mistreat people who do those behaviors.
After I posted the title of this post as a complete post, a book by Leonard Ravenhill that I started reading more than a year ago, but never finished, caught my eye. I felt a Spirit-prompting: “Pick it up, there … Continue reading
Most people would agree that some human desires should be resisted (the desire to commit suicide, for instance). However, how do you decide which human desires to obey and which to resist? Here are some questions to ask: Is the … Continue reading
We live in a society that is big on enticements to follow and obey our desires, but little on ethical living — big on obeying cravings but little on following our conscience — big on surrendering to self-destructive passions, but … Continue reading