Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- My #9 Greatest American -- William Monroe Trotter
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- How To Avoid Being A Spiritual Wimp (Top 10 Ways To Grow Strong In The Lord)
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- The College That Changed My Life
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 1 day ago
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church i... nblo.gs/RQL6M 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: moral failure
Contemporary society teaches that believing in Biblical morality is hatred, while war is honorable. However, that is backwards. War is hatred. The ultimate hate is physically attacking people, their family, friends, & neighbors, their property; with physical harm and/or death. … Continue reading
Perhaps the “new normal” is nothing but, surrendering to the same old self-focus the Bible says is sin.
If you agree with the Bible that some human behaviors are morally wrong, it doesn’t mean that you “hate” or mistreat people who do those behaviors.
After I posted the title of this post as a complete post, a book by Leonard Ravenhill that I started reading more than a year ago, but never finished, caught my eye. I felt a Spirit-prompting: “Pick it up, there … Continue reading
Most people would agree that some human desires should be resisted (the desire to commit suicide, for instance). However, how do you decide which human desires to obey and which to resist? Here are some questions to ask: Is the … Continue reading
We live in a society that is big on enticements to follow and obey our desires, but little on ethical living — big on obeying cravings but little on following our conscience — big on surrendering to self-destructive passions, but … Continue reading
Where there is no judgment; There is no mercy. Where there is no guilt; There is no grace. If you haven’t been judged guilty, There is no forgiveness. Where there is no threat of punishment, there is no justice. Where … Continue reading
Who has “rights”? People like to talk and rap about rights but what are rights? What is the foundation of the concept of human rights? It’s God. If humans are nothing but randomly produced, living machines; then Darwin was correct … Continue reading
Good people don’t need a Good Friday Savior. They’re okay on their own. Bad people need a Good Friday Savior. “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me a sinner.” If nothing is morally wrong, if … Continue reading
Society says: “Go along, agree with wrong, and belong!” God says: “Fight with all your might to do right and gain insight, and you will soar to the height of spiritual delight.”