Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- The College That Changed My Life
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- The Grimke Sisters -- My 6th Greatest American(s)
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- Religion Is Ritual -- Faith Is Fire (How John Wesley Caught On Fire For God))
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 19 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: religious innovation
Reality church? We have reality TV that features ordinary people. So, why not reality church, where everyday people show and tell why God has done? When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the … Continue reading
Most people around the world know that the 4th of July is American Independence Day — when we relish the thought of being free from reliance on others. However, perhaps we need to get beyond July 4th and acknowledge July … Continue reading
Have you ever seen a group of people play a tune with handbells? Each person holds two bells and all the bells play different notes. As a director leads them, each person plays one of his bells at the proper … Continue reading
Unless you hear it through the Spirit, the Bible will be boring. If the Word doesn’t burn in your heart your sins won’t depart! Without a Spirit-fire, you will drown in your own desire. So how do you start a … Continue reading
Early leader of the Church of the Nazarene, P.F. Bresee, proclaimed participatory church: “‘Pump handle’ religion has to give place to the ever-ready springing up and sending forth of testimony and praise. How often the ‘pump handle’ has to be … Continue reading
Talk church is better than talk radio. Its talking points are about the living, resurrected Jesus Christ. Sit-back-and-listen-church makes people passive. Open line, talk church makes people powerful in God as they show and tell what God has done on … Continue reading
Liturgy can present the letter-G word: God. However knowing God personally is much more than a word or a ritual. It requires direct encounter followed by daily surrender to and obedience to His will. Liturgy began as spiritual life, as … Continue reading
Church becomes powerful when passive people become participatory and begin to passionately pursue and obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit! Church gets exciting when God takes the reins and redirects routine religion!