Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Top 10 List -- The Ten Greatest Americans
- The College That Changed My Life
- The Grimke Sisters -- My 6th Greatest American(s)
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- It is almost the time when multitudes around the world, believers and non-believers alike, celebrate the day named for Jesus Christ, in honor of His birth. Rejoice that Christ was born! What a difference He has made in this world! What a difference He has made in the life of millions of people from various cultures and time periods during the past 2,000 years! What a difference Jesus has made in my life! The Christ*mas events are about people experiencing Christ. The shepherds didn't just hear about Christ, they sought Him out. The same with the wise men. Jesus Christ can still be experienced in the 21st Century! Supernatural events are still happening! "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever.” So, what about it? Should we have a Christ cameo Christmas? Or A Christ controlled Christmas? A cameo is brief (usually non-speaking) appearance of a well known person in a work of performing art, like a play, a movie, or a TV show. Will Christ make a brief, non-speaking appearance in your Christmas festivities this year? Or will your Christmas activities be totally focused on Him? Or something in between?
- Religion Is Ritual -- Faith Is Fire (How John Wesley Caught On Fire For God))
- End-of-the-year giving is easy with The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle: onlineredkettle.org/NashvilleBerry… 19 hours ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . . nblo.gs/RSuEq 2 days ago
- Realty TV / Reality Church . . .
- When church is scripted, the freedom to flow in the Spirit is restricted to the agenda. When church is spontaneous, the Holy Spirit can break out in glorious demonstrations of His power and presence.
- Church isn’t lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- Celebrating the Pregnant Virgin
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: spiritual growth
Following the living, resurrected Jesus Christ (biblical Christianity / Jesus’ command to: “Follow Me.”) is about: Self-surrender, not self-assertion; Self-control, not self-fulfillment; Self-denial, not self-righteousness; Self-restraint, not self-indulgence; Self-discipline, not self-destruction; Self-sacrifice, not self-importance; Self-effacement, not self-promotion; Self-regulation, not self-interest; … Continue reading
You won’t learn to listen to and be led by the Comforter (the Holy Spirit) until you leave your comfort zone.
The early Methodists practiced a type of sermon-free church known as class meetings. These were weekly, participatory meetings where every person present was given the opportunity to talk about their life with God. The first Methodist class meeting was started … Continue reading
Just Like A Body — 1 Corinthians 12 (a song/poem about the gifts of the Spirit) Just like a body Is made of many parts The body of Christ Is made of many hearts; And when hearts open, The Spirit … Continue reading
Jesus said that when we come to Him, There will be within us a well of water Springing up with eternal life And all of its glorious qualities, Far better than any self-sought pleasures. This ongoing inner release of the … Continue reading
Here Are 3 Steps To Experiencing The Gifts (Manifestations) Of The Spirit In Your Life Step #1 — Be still and listen. Hear from God. Pay close attention to thoughts, feelings, pictures, impressions, ideas, and promptings in your heart and … Continue reading
1) Unrehearsed, heart-felt, Spirit-prompted words connect hearts and ignite spiritual fires.* 2) Rehearsed, studied, formalized words leave hearts unconnected and minds muted; and promptly depart the human memory. * Light your fire! Experience #1 with us @ The Salvation Army … Continue reading
“Things get unpredictable when the Spirit is around.” Loren B. Mead “When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.” –Corrie Ten Boom “If Christ has not been made a well … Continue reading
Has Christian ministry lost it’s ability to grasp and transform people? It appears so. Churches are in decline. Our culture is almost completely secular, if not anti-Christian. Scholars have pronounced it to be post-Christian. However, although it appears that human … Continue reading
From preschool to the NBA Playoffs — from high school to March Madness — basketball officials could serve as great examples of an alternative way for pastors to conduct church services. Rather than being the center of attention and running … Continue reading