Top Posts & Pages
- Talking About Jesus Like He's Not In The Room
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Too Many Surge Protectors Have Made Church Boring!
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Occupy Till I Come -- What The Church Can Learn From Occupy Wall Street
- How To Regularly Experience The Inner Flow Of The Holy Spirit
- Evangeline Booth, The Salvation Army, & Spiritual Fire
- Perhaps Church Is Much Simpler Than We Think It Is . . .
- Knocking Prayer (Or Prayer Knocking)
- Talking About Jesus Like He’s Not In The Room nblo.gs/UzImJ 18 hours ago
- Talking About Jesus Like He’s Not In The Room wp.me/p1jx0f-10w 18 hours ago
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading religion religious revival said share sin society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A church service is like a Swiss Army Knife — full of spiritually gifted people. It can use the same person to speak, week after week, while the others are closed down (pic 1). Or it can allow everybody to … Continue reading
A family gathering isn’t controlled from a podium on a platform with a fixed program that everyone is prescribed to follow. Instead, a family gathering is allowed to flow and develop naturally and spontaneously. –So, if church is a gathering of God’s family, why do we do church so formally and so differently than a normal family gathering?
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 40,000 times in 2013. If it were a … Continue reading
You are not simply a sponge, supposed to sit in a “service” and silently soak up a preacher’s ideas. You are someone who has spiritual insight to share. Church is not for sponges, it’s for sparks! Our desire at The … Continue reading
At The Salvation Army Berry Street we have a different worship leader every week. Over the past 5 1/2 years we have had about 50 different people/groups lead worship for us. Why? 1) It keeps one person from being exalted … Continue reading
Tradition (even church tradition) has not always existed. The Christian church began as a mighty movement of the Holy Spirit with no tradition. It was led by the Spirit rather than contained by tradition. The New Testament was written during the pre-tradition … Continue reading
#organicchurch When a church meeting is released from human control and turned over to the Holy Spirit’s direct leadership, the meeting unfolds beautifully, revealing God’s unseen hand.
Perhaps “Same sex marriage” is like a pair of same foot shoes (2 lefts or 2 rights) — not according to design.
Perhaps “Same sex marriage” Is like a pair of Same foot shoes (2 lefts or 2 rights) – Not according to design.
God’s everywhere, Always aware, And yet, Oblivious To the obvious, We ignore His care.
Is church . . . An agenda or an awakening? A program or His Presence? A tradition or a transformation? A teaching or a testimony? A sermon or signs & wonders? A duty or a delight? Religion or revolution?
Church without the real presence of the living, resurrected Jesus Christ is like an unplugged blender. It looks nice, but it’s not going to produce any smoothies.