Top Posts & Pages
- 70 AD -- One Of History's Most Important Dates
- Where Did Sojourner Truth Get Her Name?
- Church isn't lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together.
- How To Regularly Experience The Inner Flow Of The Holy Spirit
- 9 Reasons I'm Convinced That Jesus Christ Is Alive And Present In Our World
- Top 10 Ways To Quench The Holy Spirit
- News Flash: Planet Earth invaded by its Creator, not with the force of justice and judgment; but with mercy, love, humility. The Creator comes in human flesh, not in a royal palace, but in an animal stable -- not with a demonstration of His power and authority, but subject to the circumstances of a Babe born under questionable conditions to a poor mother. Yet 20 centuries later, the world slows down, work stops, families gather on the day set aside to remember that God invasion. One Babe began a movement that continues to our time -- a movement that has made millions of men and women better than they would have been without beholding the Christ. Transformed by Jesus, by God in the flesh -- made new, set free, personally invaded by the Spirit, now rejoicing, not in stuff, and tinsel, and traditions both religious and secular; but rejoicing in relationship with the Babe, now the Lord, Savior, Master!
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune.
- The First African American Medical Doctor
- When Somebody's Done You Wrong -- 3 Responses
- Church isn't lessons to be learned by lecture; but life being lived together. wp.me/p1jx0f-Wy 1 day ago
- The Christmas season without the living Christ is like a song without a tune. wp.me/p1jx0f-Ww 1 day ago
- 225 Berry St. 37207 amazing America behaviors Berry Street Berry Street Worship Center Bible book book of Acts Christ Christian Christianity Christians Christmas church conscience culture evil experience faith freedom God heart history Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ life lifestyle like lives living love mind morality Nashville New Testament obey organic church Paul of Tarsus people perhaps person power prayer preaching quotation quotations quote quotes read reading reality religion religious revival said share society spiritual spirituality Sunday Sundays Tennessee testimonies The Salvation Army think thoughts time words world worship Worship Center
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
Category Archives: Uncategorized
You are not simply a sponge, supposed to sit in a “service” and silently soak up a preacher’s ideas. You are someone who has spiritual insight to share. Church is not for sponges, it’s for sparks! Our desire at The … Continue reading
At The Salvation Army Berry Street we have a different worship leader every week. Over the past 5 1/2 years we have had about 50 different people/groups lead worship for us. Why? 1) It keeps one person from being exalted … Continue reading
Tradition (even church tradition) has not always existed. The Christian church began as a mighty movement of the Holy Spirit with no tradition. It was led by the Spirit rather than contained by tradition. The New Testament was written during the pre-tradition … Continue reading
#organicchurch When a church meeting is released from human control and turned over to the Holy Spirit’s direct leadership, the meeting unfolds beautifully, revealing God’s unseen hand.
Perhaps “Same sex marriage” is like a pair of same foot shoes (2 lefts or 2 rights) — not according to design.
Perhaps “Same sex marriage” Is like a pair of Same foot shoes (2 lefts or 2 rights) – Not according to design.
God’s everywhere, Always aware, And yet, Oblivious To the obvious, We ignore His care.
Is church . . . An agenda or an awakening? A program or His Presence? A tradition or a transformation? A teaching or a testimony? A sermon or signs & wonders? A duty or a delight? Religion or revolution?
Church without the real presence of the living, resurrected Jesus Christ is like an unplugged blender. It looks nice, but it’s not going to produce any smoothies.
Sequester — a wake up call that one nation under debt, with entitlements or tax breaks for all, cannot long endure.
Sequester — a wake up call that one nation under debt, with entitlements or tax breaks for all, cannot long endure. Forgive us, Lord, for being so focused on self and what we want; so little focused on others; and … Continue reading