Here are 11 big lies about sex that Americans are continually fed through various forms of media:
1) It is perfectly acceptable to use a human being for your selfish physical pleasure (as long as they are consenting).
2) Whenever you want sex, go for it.
3) If you don’t sleep around there is something wrong with you.
4) Cheapo sex is cool.
5) Don’t discuss birth control or disease with your hook up.
6) Don’t use condoms. (Have you ever seen condoms used in a TV or movie sex scene?)
7) If you get pregnant and don’t want a baby, all you need to do is to pay to have it killed. There is nothing wrong with executing your unborn child.
8) Sexual urges are irresistible, so go ahead and give in to them.
9) Give your daughter drugs to keep her from getting sexually transmitted cervical cancer so that she can be safely sexually active.
10) STDs are not a big deal and are no real threat to your health. They have drugs for those things.
11) There is no sex in marriage. (Have you ever seen sex between a married couple shown on TV or in the movies?)