The next time someone says; “Church is boring,” bring them to 225 Berry Street in Nashville, 37207. They will change their mind.
* There’s no sermon to fall asleep in . . .
Instead people excitedly and spontaneously show and tell what God is doing in their lives as they are led by the Holy Spirit.
* There’s no bulletin to tell you everything that’s going to happen ahead of time . . .
That’s because the meeting is unplanned and no one knows what is going to happen but God.
* There’s no pulpit or podium to focus people’s attention . .
Because people are encouraged to focus on the presence of the living, resurrected Jesus Christ and to do whatever He tells them to.
* There are no prayers to be read . . .
However, numerous people passionately pray from their heart.
* There’s not a regular worship leader or worship team . . .
Rather each week a different person (or group) leads worship and this helps us to keep our attention on Jesus and to give the glory to Him.
* There’s not even a regular offering collected, rather a box in the back
Because even giving should be led by the Spirit.
Check it out for yourself at The Salvation Army Berry Street Worship Center on Sunday mornings at 10:45 and Thursday nights at 6:30.