* One of the most powerful tools for personal transformation is spiritual interaction, openly sharing your faith, spiritual experiences, struggles, and concerns with others in a loving and compassionate environment. (I have personally seen spiritual interaction produce life-changing results both in my life and in the lives of many hundreds of other people.)
* Spiritual interaction inspires, encourages, challenges, heals, and fosters tremendous spiritual growth It sets people free and empowers them to live a godly life.
* Without spiritual interaction people wither within. They become cold, insensitive, hard-hearted.
* Testimony, the open sharing of spiritual experience, overcomes the power of temptation and breaks the bondage of bad habit and evil. (google Revelation 12:11) Open testimony and sharing is the thing that has made the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) the world’s most effective programs for overcoming addiction.
* The church was designed to be a place for honest spiritual interaction (see 1 Corinthians 14:26) but as church slowly institutionalized over the first three centuries of Christianity, it began to settle for programs, sermons, structure, ritual, liturgy, and even entertainment. The church lost the biblical concept of Spirit-led interaction.
* Some churches and parachurch groups, however, have at times rediscovered the New Testament idea of interaction: the early Quakers, the early Methodist class meetings, various persecuted groups of Christians, the early Salvation Army, the early Pentecostals, the house church/organic church movement, Tres Dias, The Walk To Emmaus, and several spiritual awakenings during the past 2,000 years of Christian history.
* You owe it to yourself to see spiritual interaction in action (at least one time in your life). A Nashville church practices spiritual interaction every Sunday morning at 10:45 — The Salvation Army Berry Street — 225 Berry St., 37207. Come and see the awesome power of spiritual interaction for yourself.