Life is about surfing brainwaves. Catch positive brainwaves and they will carry you to paradise-like beaches of hope, health, and happiness. However, charging choppy brainwaves will cause you to wipe-out and deposit you among emotional riptides and maybe even men in grey suits (sharks).
With your power to choose you can control the wave machine in your cranium. Choose well. Ride righteous waves to being stoked on inner peace and joy; rid yourself of rogue brainwaves (lest you be raked over like a medieval serf in a washing machine). Here are some suggestions:
* Stop cranking along with tormenting and/or self-destructive brainwaves.
* Stay away from party waves. Don’t follow the popular thought pipeline. If you are caught up in 21st Century culture, you’ll be conditioned to conform your thinking to gnarly, messed up messages.
* Get out back, way beyond the breaking waves of day-to-day thinking, and catch a positive brain wave that is outside your thought pattern.
* Create an inner swell of uplifting brain waves by reading, watching, and focusing on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, and virtuous (Google Philippians 4:8).
* Get a tow-in to the best brainwaves by hanging out with uplifting, positive, and inspirational people and by avoiding negative and angry folks and media.
* If you feel like you are underwater, get help from a counselor, a therapist, a friend, a pastor, a priest, or a rabbi.
* If you’re caught in a sea of choppy brainwaves, cutback to the perfect wave — Jesus Christ.