How are your Christ skills? Many people live their lives without basic Christ skills — the abilities to connect with and release the life-transforming power of Christ in themselves and in others.
However, when you look into history, you discover that saints, spiritual leaders, and truly devoted believers, had the ability to consistently follow and obey the living, resurrected Jesus Christ. They had Christ skills.
* Are not automatic. They must be learned and developed over time. This process is often called spiritual formation.
* Are not pie-in-the-sky religion, but practical and day-to-day abilities to live a better life.
* Bring freedom from mental, emotional, and spiritual bondage and/or torment, producing peace of mind and heart.
* Overcome cravings, compulsions, and addictions.
* Relieve guilt and shame.
* Remove stress and anxiety producing both inner healing and physical healing.
* Produce deep and abiding joy, regardless of outward circumstances.
* Enable a person to live in Christimacy — an intimate, surrendered, and obedient relationship with Jesus.
* Can change society by changing individuals and creating a contagion that can carry throughout communities and even nations.
If a person has never had a particular skill (say playing the piano) they don’t know what they are missing; but if they take the time and effort to develop a skill, then a whole new world opens up to them. This is far more the case with Christ skills.
People can assist others with the development of Christ skills, but they can’t teach them. Christ skills are taught from within, by the Holy Spirit (sometimes called the inner Light, the still, small voice, or the anointing).
The New Testament puts it this way: “As for you, the anointing you received from Him (God) remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit–just as it has taught you, remain in Him.”
Are Christ skills worth the effort? You bet they are!
Christ skills are essential. Without them life will range between miserable and tolerable, but won’t rise any higher than that. Effective Christ skills, however, can bring life to the place of “joy unspeakable and full of glory.”
So why ignore the Greatest Teacher who still speaks, still guides, and still changes lives? Take His classes, custom-made for you. They are going on 24/7/365, and all you have to do put in the time and hard work to listen, learn, and obey.