This was inspired by Kim Walker with Jesus Culture lyrics to You Won’t Relent: “I don’t want to talk about You like You’re not in the room. I want to look right at You, I want to sing right to You.”
When we talk about Jesus like He’s not in the room:
1) We shut ourselves off from His living presence;
2) We depend on man-made programs rather than on His power;
3) We are content to hear one man speak about Him rather than directly hearing His voice;
4) We focus on facts about Jesus and forget to fervently seek His face.
5) We act like He is a mere historical figure, dead and gone.
6) We choose human control rather than Christ’s control.
7) We make church commemorative & ceremonial rather than a contagious celebration of the living Christ.
“You ought never to forget God’s presence, as most men do. –Alphonsus Liguori
When hearts open in honest sharing, the living Jesus Christ manifests in meetings.
When hearts close, church meetings must be maintained by man’s methods.