Innovative & unorthodox ideas for 21st Century Christ-followers:
1) Get on the streets and regularly prayer walk with the Blood & Fire Battle Flag.
2) Regularly post bold declarations about the living, resurrected Jesus Christ on Facebook and other social media.
3) Make your church/corps participatory — built around ordinary people sharing as prompted by the Spirit, rather than on a one-person sermon.
4) Refuse to watch, read, or listen to the trash in contemporary media.
5) Listen to the Spirit and do what He tells you.
6) Be a fool for Christ.
7) Wash somebody’s feet.
8) Get fired up and passionate about Christ! Let your emotions, compassion, and tears flow!
Yall! God wants to use all, both great and small, to obey the Spirit’s call! Perhaps church is when people gather to share Christ with one another, to care for each other, and to actively engage in prayer — not just to sit and stare.
“I’ve been pondering the one-person-sermon. Are we missing something when our worship depends on one or two people? We may find it hard to think beyond the monologue sermons that have nurtured us. What if we came together, everyone bringing something — a hymn, a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation — all for the strengthening of the church? (1 Cor. 14:26)” –Jane Yoder-Short
“If you can but get the few set on fire, the fire will attract others.” –General Edward J. Higgins (a former international leader of The Salvation Army)
“What I see is the Army once again leading the church in proclaiming the name of Jesus in the public square. This is very exciting.” –Commissioner Barry Swanson (Territorial Commander of the USA Eastern Territory of The Salvation Army)