Daylight Savings Time (Chronos) or Soul Savings Time (Kairos)
–Before we went to bed in the USA on Saturday night we sprang forward into Daylight Savings Time (DST). Now we’re no longer living on Standard Time (ST) plus we’re “saving” an hour of daylight every night. (Actually we didn’t change the amount of daylight, but we shifted it from morning till evening so that we can enjoy it more.)
–When I was in college there was a moment in my life when God sprang me forward into Soul Savings Time (SST). Now I’m no longer bound by my generation (my time period on earth). God literally shifted me into another type of time. Since that moment, instead of just merely passing time (what the ancient Greeks called chronos), I’m living my life by eternal time (what the ancient Greeks called kairos).
–Soul Savings Time has made such an incredible difference in my life:
* My desires and my perspective on life were changed in an instant and then have continued to change day by day ever since that first moment of transformation.
* God’s presence became more real to me than the material items in my environment. (He’s more real to me than the chair I’m sitting in.)
* I was overwhelmed by a beautiful sense of God’s love for me.
* I was (and continue to be day by day) set free from all sorts of bondage, torment, guilt, anger, hurt, deception, fear, insecurity, shame, addiction, and craving.
* My heart was filled with a burning desire to daily follow and obey the living, resurrected Jesus Christ (and that desire has never let go of me).
* I have an instant connection when I meet other people who are living on SST.
* When I read books by SST people who died centuries ago, I have an amazing, instant connection with them. (Therefore many of my very best friends left earth centuries ago, yet I have a beautiful connection with them.)
* I have seen and experienced too many amazing (and miraculous) things to count and my life has been filled with joy, peace, love, and wondrous excitement.
* My disappointments, heart-breaks, pain, and tribulations have been transformed by the presence and perspective of God into personal and spiritual growth. Every “setback” has set me up to get stronger in God.
* I am about to turn 64 on chronos time, yet I am still dreaming about and working hard to change the world. I have a vision of a world-wide spiritual movement starting in Nashville and transforming multitudes from chronos time to kairos time. One of the keys to the vision in my heart is the transformation of church from sticking to the clock (time conscious human control and programming) into allowing ordinary people freedom to flow in the Holy Spirit in unprogrammed meetings.
Why don’t you spring forward into Soul Saving Time?
When you are in Nashville, you are invited to come and experience an unprogrammed church meeting at The Salvation Army Berry Street, 225 Berry St., 37207, every Sunday morning at 10:45.