21st Century Christianity . . . Perhaps we need:
1) More of the living Christ and less of the “ianity;”
2) More of God’s anointing and less of man’s appointing;
3) More Spirit fanning and less human planning;
4) More being amazed and less being dazed.
Scriptures to back up these statements:
1) 2 Timothy 3:5 — “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.”
2) 1 John 2:27 — “His anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit.”
3) 2 Timothy 1:6 — “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you.”
4) Acts 2:43 — “Everyone was filled with awe.”
Jesus did many very odd things . . . why don’t we?
–When Jesus showed up, He would do the unusual — heal the sick, cast out demons, spit on some dirt and put the mud in someone’s eye, raise the dead, turn over tables and chase people out of the temple, walk on water, turn water into wine, call people hypocrites, put His fingers in someone’s ears, touch someone’s tongue, forgive sins, invite Himself to someone’s house for a meal, not eat for 40 days, let a prostitute wipe His feet with her tears and hair, write in the dirt, wash His disciples feet, tell a storm to stop.
–With a Founder (Jesus Christ) who actually did all these odd things, how did church ever become so ordinary and so predictable?