I woke up this morning with this process parading pensively through my ponderings.
* Ugh! . . . Disgusted with self & circumstances & hungry for help.
* Aha! . . . A shinning moment when light comes in.
* I see! . . . Brand new vision & fresh insight.
* O me . . . Awareness of our wrong doing & rebellion against God.
* Sorry . . . Deep conviction & godly sorrow for our sin.
* U-turn . . . Turning from the pain of our past & into His presence.
* Christ-walk . . . Daily following & obeying the living Jesus.
* Go tell . . . Walking in the light & telling others about Jesus.
* Do well . . . Living right & serving others in Christ’s love & humility.
Various people and/or groups have told people how to become a Christian. So many have told people how to be saved — from Ellen G. White’s Steps To Christ to Bill Bright & Campus Crusade For Christ’s (now Cru) Four Spiritual Laws — from Billy Graham Crusades to D. James Kennedy’s Evangelism Explosion — from Bill Hybles Walk Across The Room to the Roman Road based on the Bible’s book of Romans to the ABCs of Salvation. Plus there are so many more. I thank God for them all!
All of the takes that I have read on the plan of salvation have helped me. And I hope you find the one that I woke up with this morning to be helpful. However, perhaps God’s working in human hearts and lives to bring salvation is far too complicated to be fully described by a simple series of steps. Salvation is not measuring up to a plan, fulfilling some rules, or jumping through religious hoops. It is the process of encountering and then daily following and obeying the living, resurrected Jesus wherever He leads you as an individual. It’s not a one size fits all.
The question is not have you followed a plan and/or said a sinner’s prayer. The question is are you captivated by the living Christ and daily following and obeying Him?