Accusations of hate are quite common in our culture. Hatred can be defined as: holding and/or expressing hostility, animosity, enmity, ill will, or extreme dislike. Perhaps hate is widespread. Could all these be forms of hate?
* Road rage?
* Child abuse?
* Dealing drugs?
* Initiating violence?
* Human trafficking?
* Domestic violence?
* Intimidating others?
* Child pornography?
* Drugging someone for sex?
* Lying & deception (hate for truth)?
* Ranking people based on skin shade or ethnicity?
* Exchanging prenatal care for prenatal extermination?
* Mean, vulgar, angry speech (commonly called cussing)?
How can we reduce the hate in our world? What can we do about hate?
- We can humbly ask God to clean out our heart and make it pure and loving and then daily allow Him to do so.
- We can work diligently to replace our own hateful feelings and behaviors with love.
- We can be a drum major for justice, a role model of caring.
- We can work to help and serve those who are and/or have been the victims of individual’s and society’s hate and injustice.
- We can obey and stand for the Ten Commandments, the Golden Rule, and holiness unto the Lord and encourage others to do so.
- We can refuse to violate the warnings of our conscience.
- We can forgive others.
- We can show love and kindness to everybody and especially to those who disagree with us, don’t like us, and/or mistreat us.
- We can daily follow and obey the living, resurrected Jesus Christ and allow Him to live in and flow through us.