Through Christ, all walls of division have been torn down. Believers from every tribe and tongue are united by the blood of Jesus. A former Engaging Missions guest, Steve Simms, comes to talk about racial reconciliation. As ministers of reconciliation, we are called to bring healing where there has been injustice and brokenness.
Steve shares about his new book called Off the RACE Track, which helps believers know how to be color kind. He also tells stories about how he came to care about this issue. He provides lessons from his time pastoring a multiracial church.
Here’s the podcast timeline: Listen at this link.
- 00:24 – Episode summary
- 01:31 – Longing to see reconciliation
- 03:10 – What does it mean to be color kind?
- 05:19 – Taking the first step
- 06:43 – Finding ways to understand others
- 08:10 – Approaching a different culture
- 11:07 – Beginning to interact on a personal level
- 13:45 – How did you pursue knowledge on the issues?
- 16:04 – Grasping the history of racial division
- 18:01 – What can we do to repair the problems?
- 19:16 – For the pastors seeking a Revelation congregation
- 21:50 – The many meanings of diversity
- 23:35 – Representing every tribe and tongue
- 26:10 – Pastoring a diverse church
- 28:50 – Where to start
- 31:46 – One person can change the world